Tuesday, July 19, 2011

In The Loop

Last month my parents were nice enough to come up for a week to watch the kids while Dave and I worked. The weekend they arrived we decided to take them on the Cascade Loop. It's a long drive and covers some of the most beautiful areas I've ever seen. Dave and I had done it a few weeks earlier and demanded that they see it.
























When Dave and I drove the loop the first time, we talked about how fun it would be to do the drive in a convertible. So this time around, and since it was almost Father's Day, I surprised Dave by renting this little number. And it was SO fun! For about an hour.

























But, as you can see here, the back seat isn't exactly roomy. And the discomfort was heightened by the fact that it rained the entire time. This left us with two equally painful options: A) Drive with the top up and contort in the fetal position in the "backseat" or B) Drive with the top down in the rain.


We tried both options.


At one point my dad said, "Oh, it's fine. Just leave the top down. When you go fast most of the rain blows over the top of us." He was serious. Really fun times.





















Because my parents are really good sports, we actually ended up having a pretty fun time.




















A spectacular view





















Me and my dad



























One of dozens of waterfalls along the way.

























1 comment:

  1. How fun, I've never heard of the Cascade Loop. It is definitley on our to do list now!!

    ReplyDelete