The truth is, we really don't have any business living in this house. We've lived here for six months and Dave and I still have daily anxiety that someone is going to call us, tell us there has been a terrible mistake and we have to leave.
We get to live here because:
1) I'm very lucky (we've already talked about this).
2) My husband is very smart and well versed in foreclosure real estate.
3) We aren't afraid of buying a house sight unseen at an auction. (This part is untrue. I am terrified of buying a house sight unseen at an auction. My husband is made up of stronger stuff. I've never been closer to a full blown panic attack as I was that day.)
4) We weren't deterred by an overgrown jungle lawn, hoarding squatters, and truckloads of junk to be hauled off. You're welcome, Deseret Industries.
5) We aren't morally opposed to bribing squatters to leave.