Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Ode to Summer on a January Night

I am not going to win the prize of timely and consistent blogger anytime soon so please forgive the post about summer. I'm sitting in North Bend in January bracing for the biggest snow storm in 25 years. Snow here is a beautiful sight, but right now I'm reliving a really great summer.

So here's a recap:



Rachel and Hennie went on a trip to the Oregon Coast. They decided to keep heading up the coast and drop in to visit. I was sitting in a meeting when I got a text from Rachel asking if they could stay with us that night. I absolutely couldn't contain my excitement. Sure I was happy to see Rachel and Hennie, but they were bringing two of my favorite boys!



We went to the locks and the botanical gardens.







We ended the day properly and made a stop at Dick's. It's where the cool hang out.


Shortly after (or maybe during), Joy and Jerry came to visit and watch the girls when Dave and I went back to work. We took a quick trip around part of the Cascade Loop. It was a beautiful day and we covered a lot of ground.



Joy and me.




Joy and Jerry at Ross Lake.


Dave and Jerry by the Skagit River. I think...


Jerry and me.



Dave, Joy, and Jerry.







Hannah and James (AKA Bobby James if the girls had their say) came to visit. I really wanted to show her one my favorite places, Mount Rainier.



Here is Bobby James in front of the mountain. He had a tough week where he got a little too confident in his ability to climb steps. Hence the road rash on his nose.





Here we are at Paradise. Snow in the middle of summer.


I think the reflection of Dave, Hannah, and James in my glasses is pretty cool.




The color in that river is breathtaking.








I can't wait for summer 2012!


1 comment:

  1. Love the updates! Makes me feel like I do a way better job keeping in touch than I really do :)

    Sounds like you guys are doing great! Enjoy your snow storm!

    ReplyDelete