Saturday, March 17, 2012

La Vida Lopez

I live in a house with too many cameras and too many cords so here goes another blog post that starts with "Last summer....".


Last summer my whole family came up and spent a week together in a cabin on Lopez Island in the San Juans. We went on bike rides, played on the beach, collected shells, made a raft and a house out of driftwood, played games, and went sailing. It was Max's birthday and Rachel pulled off an elaborate pirate themed birthday party that ended with the kids digging up a real buried treasure box for of booty.

Where the pictures of all of those fun things are, I'm not quite sure. But I did stumble across these gems.



This was named the RTH (The Rue/Tiffany Hill). Can you guess who might have named it that? They rode bikes together from sun up to sun down.



Ben, Owen, and me on the deck of the cabin. We had the most beautiful view of the Sound. Behind us is the lawn where we played hours of "Robot Ball", a baseball derivative invented by dad and Ben that didn't allow players to bend their knees. Robot Ball would turn out to be captivating and one of the highlights of the trip.
Tiffany and me on the sailboat.



And Mista.


Dad giving sailing a go with his first mate.


I love this picture. Every kid looks miserable, starving (One day soon I'm going to remember that kids need to be fed), and freezing; except Luke. That guy couldn't be happier. So funny!


No comments:

Post a Comment