Thursday, March 22, 2012

You May Rely On It


Natalie got a Magic 8 Ball for Christmas. The girl is in love with it. She doesn't make a lot of decisions without it. She packs it around with her pretty much everywhere she goes. Once I even found it in her bed. The funny thing is, she really believes that it speaks the truth and that it is all knowing.

The other day she was dancing around holding her crotch. I asked her if she had to go the bathroom. Of course she didn't. The dancing didn't stop. I told her to go to the bathroom. She finally left the room for about four seconds and then walked back in and said, "I went and I didn't even have to go."

I told her that there was no way she could have gone that fast. She insisted that, in fact, she had gone. So I pulled out an awesome parenting tool. "Let's ask the Magic 8 Ball", I said. She started to panic a little because the Magic 8 Ball doesn't lie. I held it up while she protested and said, "Magic 8 Ball, is Natalie lying about going to the bathroom?" To her horror, it answered back, "You may rely on it."

She looked up at me and said, "Bekah! I'm not relying to you!"

It is becoming increasingly more apparent that she is the most organized member of our family. She loves to look at planners. She was thrilled to get a calendar for her birthday and a watch for Valentine's Day. Every night we have to do an hourly run down of what we are going to do tomorrow. Every morning we have to review to make sure no plans have changed. One of her favorite things is to fold laundry with me. The girl loves order. A few Saturdays ago she decided to outline steps that would help us streamline our Sunday mornings.


When I woke her up for church the next morning she rubbed her eyes, rolled over, and said "Step one. Wake up."

No comments:

Post a Comment