Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Oh Canada


For Labor Day, or Labour Day, as the case may be, we went to Vancouver, British Columbia. The land of the maple leaf. Home of our friendly neighbors to the north.
It took some convincing considering Dave's dislike of Canadians. When I got to the bottom of the deep dislike, I learned that it's rooted in the simple fact that Canadians don't find him funny. Specifically, they don't find him funny when he says things like, "Greetings from America!" and "We come in peace!"

In spite of the Canadian's lack of a sense of
humour and a lot of rain, we had a great time.





My primary purpose in heading north was to stockpile as many of these as I possibly could and bring home a stash to last through the winter.
















And some of these, too.
Of course I ate way too many and got sick.













So we went here....














....where I bought some of these to counter balance all the Canadian candy. It worked. I continued to gorge myself on the world's best candy.















Dave, whose eating habits are better than mine, was more interested in this.















A fascinating and beautiful city.

We made it back to the US with:
0 Smarties
0 Turkish Delights
2 Jugs of Maple Syrup

1 comment:

  1. Brad is Canadian and thinks Dave is hilarious! Dave - no hating on the Great White North! Glad you scored on candy. Whenever we come back, and are asked at the US border what we're bringing with us, the answer is, "about $200 worth of Canadian junk food".

    ReplyDelete